Through the years, The Drake Hotel has had many architectural and technological updates, most recently the upgrade of guestroom baths, facilitated by Grabinski Group. Utilizing Belstone as a supplier— and coordinating with Pepper Construction as general contractor and Gettys Group as designer —new vanity bases, tops, and sinks were designed and installed in the hotel’s 537 bedrooms and 74 suites.
Project management, measurements, and material planning began in November 2016. The age and variety of bathroom sizes and configurations required room-by-room field measuring by Grabinski Group to ensure the proper Belstone vanity bases and tops would be chosen to fit the various room layouts.
Because of the scope of the project, renovation was planned in two phases. The first phase began January 2017 and was complete by the end of April 2017. The final phase will begin in December 2017 and finish in early 2018. To expedite the work, 2- to 6-worker crews were tasked with completing each floor’s installation—23 to 60 rooms—scheduling 2 to 3 days per floor.
The clients not only appreciated the speed with which the renovations were completed, but the finished look—and quality—of the newly upgraded bathrooms is undeniably beautiful.
COMPLETE PROJECT LIST
- 537 guest rooms and 74 suites
- Sourced vanity bases, tops, and sinks for guestrooms and suites
- Fields measured all rooms to ensure proper fit of vanities for various room configurations
- Facilitated the product installation
PRODUCT SPEC LIST
- Eco-Quartz countertops in Corchia by Belstone
- Combination of wood and metal vanity bases with stainless steel tubing and polished stainless steel by Belstone
- Sink bowl UM-2310 BC by Belstone
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Stay updated on Grabinski Group news, such as our newest product offerings and specials, featured projects, and product spotlights.